Questions about metal detecting....
Last Post 05 Mar 2018 04:03 PM by Greg Olsen. 48 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123
Author Messages
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
25 Feb 2018 06:16 AM
I was watching a YouTube video about the sound of the threshold and it's being rhythmic. Would turning on a detector in its preset suggestions and listening to the threshold be the sound I'm looking for?
Panner
Panner

--
03 Mar 2018 12:48 PM
None of the more experienced "salts" have responded so may I? If your You Tube hunt hasn't clarified, the threshold is merely the back round noise you want to hear while detecting. It is controlled for volume and should be "just loud enough" to hear it. Other controls will smooth it out so it is "steady", no warble or stuttering. Some don't like to listen to this continuous noise so they turn it down so it is not heard. Generally speaking, this is ok but as you get more experience, you will learn that some large nuggets that are deep and tiny ones at the surface, will only barely sound off above the threshold. This is what is called a "whisper" signal. By turning this setting to "silent", you may miss these nuggets.  Hope I helped.  ╦╦Ç
Come out from under your bed today, DO SOMETHING!
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
03 Mar 2018 08:05 PM
Thank you
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
04 Mar 2018 06:02 PM
Best under 1000$ detector for gold prospectors waterproof..and backpack essentials for hiking expedition..
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
04 Mar 2018 06:02 PM
Best under 1000$ detector for gold prospectors waterproof..and backpack essentials for hiking expedition..
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
05 Mar 2018 06:50 AM
Hey Carl
I'm a Garrett fan I use the Garrett ATX, and the AT gold is under a 1000 they both work great for me, there are a lot of good metal detectors out there you have to fit a detector that works for you, I'm also a relics Hunter so I use the AT gold alot, I have been using Garrett detectors for over 20 years now and have no complaints. Personally I listen to the tones and never look at my detector unless I do adjustments, you can look at the gold bug2 also it's a good detector for under 1000$, but not waterproof. Research research research, hope that helps I could tell you more abought my equipment but your ear would go numb.
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
05 Mar 2018 03:36 PM
Bill I have found two sites that have good size deposits of cemented rock. Will my Goldbug work on the cemented rock to fing gold??
Thanks Darryl
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
05 Mar 2018 03:36 PM
So I just got off the phone with Mr Bill Southern. I had watched a video with he and Kevin Hoagland discussing the settings on gold detectors. I recently went out to one of the GPAA claims North of Morristown and tried out the settings. I was finally able to operate my detector correctly. I called Mr Southern to thank him for his advice. This meant alot to me after years of trying to figure out what was being explained. Now it all makes sense.
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
05 Mar 2018 04:03 PM
Hey Robert. What is the link to your he video? Sounds like something I’d like to watch!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123