Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
JERRY PEREZ
Sluicer
Sluicer

--
03 May 2021 12:23 AM
    Wow this news from Garrett Metal Detectors was definitely a surprise. GPAA News by Kevin Hoagland mentioned this intro news:

GARRETT METAL DETECTOR ANNOUNCES FIRST DETECTOR LAUNCH FROM THE WHITE’S ACQUISITION
    Kevin Hoagland

Van, Texas April 17, 2021 – Mr. Vaughan Garrett Senior Vice President, Marketing and Sales announced to the attendees of the Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt IV, the first co-branded Garrett – White’s detector will be the GoldMaster 24K aka. GMT 24K due for release mid-year 2021.

Members of the Garrett team that I spoke with including Mr. Garrett shared with me that there are Garrett technologies they wish to incorporate into the GMT 24K before release but did not elaborate on what those upgrades may be.

I'm very excited about this launch, which is just a month or so away, currently I own a GM 24K ,I purchased just before COVID and wonder if we will qualify for an upgrade,if any are made. Maybe a grace period within 1 year of purchase would be fair to qualify.

What are your thoughts you 24K owners?
    KEVIN HOAGLAND
    Gold Prospector
    Gold Prospector

--
    03 May 2021 02:22 PM
    Jerry,
    I doubt that any of the changes to the 24K will be retro to older units. I always talk about the similarities in the detecting industry and how the differences that companies use their tech to get there. My gut says that the reasoning for the delay in launch will be figuring how to make round pegs fit in square holes moving forward. No matter if it a value to me addition, I'll be grabbing another one. I've found enough gold with my GMX to warrant a move.
    JERRY PEREZ
    Sluicer
    Sluicer

--
    03 May 2021 02:43 PM
    Well said Kevin and bet you have found enough to get it ⛏️😆 excellent news piece really appreciate it considering that I just bought the darn thing, COVID hit and then whites CLOSED down. Was a total let down,but now that it's been resurrected by Garrett and pumped life back into this great machine I'm happy as a peach!
    KEVIN HOAGLAND
    Gold Prospector
    Gold Prospector

--
    03 May 2021 03:29 PM
    Jerry,
    Honestly I do not see what they could do to really improve on the 24K. I am thinking it might have to do with a little more automation. One of the reasons I like the 24K is the complete control I have over the detector. :-)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.