Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Martin Wormser
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
13 May 2020 11:57 AM
    A member on FB recently asked if he could camp on a claim. I said of course. Then the discussion went to for how long.

Please add this in your FAQ section. Some say it’s 2 weeks on BLM and FS land. Some say it’s indefinite on a claim. some say it's 6 months.
    What is it?

I can’t find anything on the GPAA website about this. The search function does not work.

Thank you.

Martin Wormser
    Tad Hamilton
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    13 May 2020 12:46 PM
    BLM allows you to stay on their land 2 weeks then you have to move
    KEVIN HOAGLAND
    Detectorist
    Detectorist

--
    13 May 2020 06:31 PM

BLM Regulations concerning DISPERSED CAMPING

Dispersed camping is allowed on public land for a period not to exceed 14 days within a 28 consecutive day period. The 28 day period begins when a camper initially occupies a specific location on public lands. The 14 day limit may be reached either through a number of separate visits or through 14 days of continuous overnight occupation during the 28 day period. After the 14th day of occupation, the camper must move outside of a 25 mile radius of the previous location until the 29th day since the initial occupation. The purpose of this special rule is to prevent damage to sensitive resources caused by continual use of any particular areas. In addition, campers must not leave any personal property unattended for more than 10 days (12 months in Alaska).

ALSO- BLM is checking a number of areas for people that heading to Public Lands as a Shelter-in-Place alternative. Regulations are very specific concerning campsite areas and human waste. As it was so eloquently shared with me by a LE,
    "If you brought it with you, and it went inside of you, and came out of you, when you leave You TAKE IT WITH YOU."
    Martin Wormser
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    13 May 2020 08:59 PM
    Thank you Kevin. martin
    You are not authorized to post a reply.