White's goldmaster 24k vs minelab's goldmonster 1000
Last Post 14 Nov 2018 06:01 AM by JIM MCCULLOCH. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
29 Oct 2018 05:10 PM
    I was thinking about buying the goldmonster 1000 and then I saw that White's has a new nugget shooter called the goldmaster 24K.  Looking for a recommendation as to which is a better detector for gold prospecting.  Thanks!
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    31 Oct 2018 05:13 AM
    What I've seen the Gold Monster is more user friendly. But I feel both are very capable of finding gold. I personally like to be able to have control over my settings. So I would prefer the Goldmaster 24k.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    31 Oct 2018 03:31 PM
    Thanks!  They both seem like very good vlf detectors.  Still up in the air on which detector to buy.  Hopefully more youtube videos will be posted with reviews of the 24K.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    02 Nov 2018 11:39 AM
    Interested in this question, myself. A lot will depend on whether the 24K's new XGB ground balance system works better than that of the GMT. So far, I haven't seen any direct testing.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    02 Nov 2018 03:56 PM
    BOTH the Goldmaster 24K and the Goldmonster 1000 are easy-to-operate, user-friendly, "turn on and go" machines. The 24k ground balances far quicker (3-5 pumps versus 15 to 25 pumps), and handles really mineralized soil FAR better. Since the 24k has MORE options, features, and capabilities, it requires more operator control and expertise to help further "amp up" gold-finding performance. I have used the GMT as my primary VLF machine for 18 years, and now I vastly prefer the 24K. The XGB ground balance system is the most advanced on the market, and combined with an Iron Reject setting of 2 (extreme soil/hot rock) the 24k can be operated under soil conditions which totally defeat other VLF machines. Check out the "Spud Diggers" YouTube channel to see several videos of the 24K in action. For more detailed info feel free to email me at ophirau@gmail.com
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    08 Nov 2018 10:39 PM
    Posted By JIM MCCULLOCH on 02 Nov 2018 03:56 PM
    BOTH the Goldmaster 24K and the Goldmonster 1000 are easy-to-operate, user-friendly, "turn on and go" machines. The 24k ground balances far quicker (3-5 pumps versus 15 to 25 pumps), and handles really mineralized soil FAR better. Since the 24k has MORE options, features, and capabilities, it requires more operator control and expertise to help further "amp up" gold-finding performance. I have used the GMT as my primary VLF machine for 18 years, and now I vastly prefer the 24K. The XGB ground balance system is the most advanced on the market, and combined with an Iron Reject setting of 2 (extreme soil/hot rock) the 24k can be operated under soil conditions which totally defeat other VLF machines. Check out the "Spud Diggers" YouTube channel to see several videos of the 24K in action. For more detailed info feel free to email me at ophirau@gmail.com

Thanks, Jim, good to know.

Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    11 Nov 2018 12:02 PM
    I just retuned from a Nuggetshooter outing in AZ...I have a 24 k...wished I would have gotten the Monster....Monster was more sensitive in my opinion...I got my 24 k for sale now and I only used it for tis outing.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    11 Nov 2018 02:17 PM
    Ricky, your only experience with the Goldmaster 24k is ONE time out? And you developed a strongly-held opinion from ONE use? Questions: Did the local dealer who sold it to you train you how to properly tune it? Or did you buy it from the internet from a dealer who did not train you, and therefore you are merely "self taught?".  May I ask, did you merely use the very underpowered factory presets, or did you take the time to test more powerful settings? What searchcoil were you using?, What settings did you use? With my 24k, using the extremely sensitive 6" concentric, with gain of 7, VSAT at medium, audio boost level 2 (b2), I can find 1/20th grain microflakes in highly mineralized desert soil with NO problem. Try those settings, and see if that doesn't change your opinion. Also:  your other postings on this forum were on 12/9/2017, where you were selling your GPX 4500, and on 1/18/2018, where you were selling your Gold Monster 1000. What didn't you like about THOSE machines? Again, please try the above searchcoil and settings combinations, and see if that doesn't change your opinion. Best wishes and HH! Jim
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    12 Nov 2018 07:32 AM
    Thanks everyone for the great info.  I am still undecided on which one to buy though.  I will wait for more online reviews of the 24K.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    13 Nov 2018 03:41 AM

Jim , I think you are right so I will give it more time in the field.

I have emailed Whites as I did not get the set with both coils and I want a 6 inch coil.

I do agree with you. I sold my other machines thinking due to some health issues I was not going to be able to hunt any longer....I enjoy the outdoors too much to give up . So I will keep plugging along   , Thanks for the reminder of only one time out , it is not near enough time to make a call on the machine.

Rickey

Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    14 Nov 2018 06:01 AM
    Excellent idea Rickey. Wishing you the best. HH Jimmy M
    You are not authorized to post a reply.