US or State by State map
Last Post 03 Jan 2018 03:42 PM by WILLIAM HALL. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
30 Dec 2017 02:55 PM
    When I am looking for gpaa claims in my (or another) state it would be beneficial to me to be able to look at one map of the state and see where all of the claims are. It doesn't sound like it would be that hard, and it would make my life easier. Anybody else like the idea?
    Panner
    Panner

--
    01 Jan 2018 04:35 PM

You can do a search on here and see them by distance and the state. If you know the zip code for where you want to be, just put it in and decide how far you want to travel. Then google map those places. It also gives you up to date info which is nice for planning. Google earth can show you if it is in a wooded area, if there is a road going it and how far from the road it is.

Lost Dutchman
    Lost Dutchman

--
    03 Jan 2018 03:42 PM
    Edward
    Welcome,

Maps that meet your requirements do exist, I have seen them in local to the area's book stores
    I'm sure they are on line somewhere, this is just the start.
    I would advise you to obtain "local" maps to show back roads in area's of interest, state of calif maps do not do a good job showing local roads, back roads on a state level
    The forest circus/BLM does a good job with the topo maps, but you have to know which map represents the area of interest
    As Thomas points out, it all requires research.
    Is the claim valid, call GPAA
    Can I get to the area ?
    Is there a place to prospect ?
    Water ?
    Camping ?
    Place to stay, eat if needed ?

The list is endless
    You will learn something each time out

Good Luck, get out there,
    Bill
    So much river....So little time....Get out there
    You are not authorized to post a reply.