Trip to Little Miami
Last Post 31 Jul 2018 07:55 AM by LOU LYONS. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
28 Dec 2017 06:21 PM
    Went to Georgia to do a little highbanking, got snowed in for several days, was unable to do any highbanking. Got back home to Ohio and had that itch I just had to scratch, so I went to the Little Miami. About 3 hours of running, ended up with some nice gold and a big fossil. Will be grateful to anyone who can help identify the fossil.

Lost Dutchman
    Lost Dutchman

--
    29 Dec 2017 01:46 PM
    Bill,

Fair amount, any looks good

My guess is an acorn

Bill
    So much river....So little time....Get out there
    Sluicer
    Sluicer

--
    29 Dec 2017 03:19 PM
    How was the flow and was there a lot of ice to deal with? Nice amount of gold. Sure is an odd looking fossil
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    31 Dec 2017 01:57 PM
    thanks William your right any color is nice and it could be an acorn. i dont know much about fossils but i am learning.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    31 Dec 2017 02:08 PM
    hi Thomas no ice i went the last 45 degrees day we had which seems like forever ago lol. i had a little pump trouble low pressure but finally got it fixed toward the end of the day. Not bad amount for the little miami river and it was up some too. Not sure about the fossil but it is the biggest one i have ever found so far.
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

--
    31 Dec 2017 02:33 PM

Nice color there.

Fossil might possibily be a tooth of some sort.  Might send a pic or two to a local college or university for identification.

OHV/Recreation Representative, John Day/Snake Resource Advisory Council, BLM--- President, Wolfpack 4x4's, Region 5, Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association--- Member- Mid Valley Prospectors, Brownsville, OR chapter GPAA, Willamette Valley Miners, Bohemia Mine Owners Association
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    31 Jul 2018 07:55 AM

your fossil is horn coral, i have found over 20 of these in sw ohio

You are not authorized to post a reply.