What happened to the Alaska Expedition?!?!?!?
Last Post 04 Oct 2017 05:01 AM by William Adams. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
29 Sep 2017 12:51 AM
    Ive been trying to find out info on what ever happened to the Cripple River Camp and the Alaska Expedition. Can anyone lead me in the right direction?
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

--
    29 Sep 2017 05:43 PM
    Heard they are making improvements to the property and buildings, can't do it in the short ice free time they have and run the expeditions at the same time.  Have not heard when it will resume.
    OHV/Recreation Representative, John Day/Snake Resource Advisory Council, BLM--- President, Wolfpack 4x4's, Region 5, Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association--- Member- Mid Valley Prospectors, Brownsville, OR chapter GPAA, Willamette Valley Miners, Bohemia Mine Owners Association
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    30 Sep 2017 03:02 AM
    Thanks Arthur
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

--
    01 Oct 2017 10:21 PM
    The Alaska Expedition is Not part of the GPAA organization. Tom and Cindy Massie retained ownership when they sold the GPAA to Brandon. I also heard they were shut down this year at least for much needed maintenance. I have heard that they will not be booking through GPAA if they start up again. Truly a great loss as this was a bucket list must do for most of us.
    Panner
    Panner

--
    03 Oct 2017 06:46 PM
    At the Burnt River outing, Dom said that Brandon asked Tom for dates this past summer but Tom never got back to him. Dom was hoping that next year Brandon would be able to get dates so that the club could do an outing.

--
    04 Oct 2017 05:01 AM
    Lots of chatter over on the FB Gold Prospectors page about this subject ...

Just one of the many quotes from there; "I was under the impression that the GPAA was not happy with the way Tom was running things. Didn’t meet GPAA standards. As far as I know, Cripple Creek is still up and running but is totally Tom Massey’s baby."

Hopefully some sense will be made from all the traffic on this
    You are not authorized to post a reply.