Dredge Hose and Best Place to Acquire
Last Post 01 May 2017 03:58 PM by WILLIAM HALL. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
23 Apr 2017 09:25 PM
    Hi All I'm rehabbing a old 4" Keene dredge and looking for Dredge hose . What the best kind/brand and why do you like it? Also what is the best source to purchase or acquire it. What are the lengths to run? I know this last is a loaded question but whats the average lengths to use.  I appreciate all the responses thanks for your time.
    Lost Dutchman
    Lost Dutchman

--
    24 Apr 2017 07:04 AM
    Depends on where you are.

I order quite a bit of my gear from Amazon.

It seems that a suction hose of approx. 20' is pretty standard on 4" dredges
    Reach out to your Senators and Representatives and let them know you are in support of mining rights and opening up areas to small scale mining! ~Augusta, GA GPAA~ ~LDMA~
    Lost Dutchman
    Lost Dutchman

--
    24 Apr 2017 03:30 PM
    Back in our dredging days we used a product called tiger flex hose
    Doesn't get cold a break like some, stays flexible, keep it out of the sun when not in use.
    Outfit in Oregon, I believe called universal products, maybe, been a few days (years)

If you are using 4", I have a "T" handle hose clamp left over from our dredging days that I will give you, you pay the freight.
    Out of the San Francisco bay area 94539

Bill
    So much river....So little time....Get out there
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    26 Apr 2017 09:37 PM
    Thanks guys, Ive checked Amazon and the best place I have found is http://www.varcopumper.com/ for buying new.
    Bill, I would love those clamps. I will be down in Santa Rosa mid June for 3-4 weeks, maybe we can meet up then. I just purchased 2 claims in Washington near the Yellow Jacket Creek claim. There is a 2 week window to dredge in August that I'm shooting for so I have some time.
    Lost Dutchman
    Lost Dutchman

--
    27 Apr 2017 04:17 PM
    Joebob,

You better hurry, wont be long till Washington bans dredging, the cancer is spreading.
    I only have one clamp (I will look around in my old gear, I may have more)
    The family travels to Lake Shasta third week in June, maybe figure something out.
    We travel up Hwy 5 through the central valley, which doesn't put us near you. Maybe ship it to ya in Santa Rosa.

Bill
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    28 Apr 2017 04:12 PM
    Yes, it's only a matter of time, unfortunately. I have no problem paying shipping for those, I was thinking a chance to meet up. I live in Washington now so I'll be shooting down 5 to Santa Rosa.
    Lost Dutchman
    Lost Dutchman

--
    01 May 2017 03:58 PM
    I-5 takes you right past Lake Shasta, actually over.
    I will be there third week of June, if that fits your plans, we could hook up there.
    We are 10min off the highway.
    Limited cell service
    I arrive 6-18, depart sunrise0clock 6-24
    Yes I will be sluicing that week.
    How about a weight belt.
    I set up using a toolbelt that I attached 45lbs lead to, nice setup with suspenders to help distribute the weight
    I also have two 50' air lines. One that is a Keene air line and a home made on out of soda line.
    Maybe a farmer john wet suit. Gently abused, no holes or blemishes
    Wet suit is a 2X 6 mil, I weight 230lbs @ 5' 10"

Just a bunch of dredge left overs

Bill
    You are not authorized to post a reply.