T- 80 pump useing a wr brown speedy compresser
Last Post 01 Sep 2016 07:40 PM by GARY SCHWALL. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
03 Apr 2015 02:55 PM
    Can you use a speedy wr brown compresser for under water dredge diving it is a paint compresser  what I have heard it is the same as the t-80 compresser  it is oil less  the breather is on top the t-80 is on the side which makes for cooler air no bearing heat like the t-80 .
    Panner
    Panner

--
    06 Apr 2015 08:54 AM
    Cool old compressor, I did a google search and it looks like nobody makes them anymore. You haven't found someone who still does have you? Thomas makes the T-80 so the Speedy is not the exact same thing but it is a very similar diaphragm design. If I had one I would check the output specs. against the T-80 if it checked out I would give it a good dry land test before using it for diving. Good luck!
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    06 Apr 2015 09:36 AM
    Yes they will work. hard to get parts and you need to check the RPMs as they will sling themselves apart.
    Best Regards, Alan McCary Buchanan Chapter President SGMA WEGM
    Lost Dutchman
    Lost Dutchman

--
    06 Apr 2015 03:33 PM
    As Alan said, yes they are usable, don't spin it to fast.
    Be prepared to replace. The bottom of ours blew out spinning to fast I would guess.
    Upgraded to a Gast compressor, enough air for two divers, if you do, you have to upgrade the reserve tank.

Bill
    So much river....So little time....Get out there
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    08 Apr 2015 10:47 PM
    Yes I have one that I am going to put on my keene 3 inch dredge for diving they area lot cheaper to buy than T-80 pump and I have been told by others that they have run them on there dredge also I have done a tear down of the pump same round diaphragm when I got it it has a motor so I could run 110 v or gas . but I will be doing land testing in the pool and give updates on progress.I have a pic of what my pump looks like on my page.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    01 Sep 2016 07:40 PM
    just a little update i got a t-80 compresser and keep the other browns compresser as a back up happy hunting!!!!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.