Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Peter McIntosh
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
15 Jul 2020 11:12 AM
    I am looking to buy a rock crusher. I am located in California, and Arizona and can collect from both.
    Shawn Melton
    Panner
    Panner

--
    16 Jul 2020 02:59 PM
    Hi Peter, I was looking to buy a rock crusher for some time and found them expensive for what I needed and not many used ones showing up in classifieds. Ultimately settled for a small $100 hand crusher to sample some rocks I find on adventures to see if there is any gold. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Shawn
    Greg Schlitz
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    02 Feb 2021 03:21 PM
    Where in CA are you? I am on the Central Coast and would be interested in going in on a claim in Central Coast area or Arizona.
    Philip Hontz
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    18 Mar 2021 04:31 PM
    I have one for sale. Lightly used. more of a rock sampler than full time crusher. can't figure out how to post pic, sorry.
    Shawn Melton
    Panner
    Panner

--
    21 Mar 2021 06:17 PM
    Hi Phillip,

Thanks for posting. Can you describe the crusher in a little more detail? Is it manual or mechanical? Approximate size? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Shawn
    Philip Hontz
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    21 Mar 2021 06:35 PM
    Hi Shawn, unfortunately, I can't post a pic here for you, can you PM me your email and I'll send it? send to goldpnr @ yahoo com
    It's powered by a 1/2 inch drill, cost me $250 new for complete unit, but you can operate manually if you remove the drill and put the hand crank back on it. I've done that, but you've gotta have the rock samples under 1/4 inch or it's almost impossible to crank. at least for me, that is. I've probably run 200 pounds of rock thru it, and it can crush to what ever size you want. I've found it easier to grind in stages.... coarse down to smaller each time. But then, I like my gold in the samples left unpowdered, if you know what I mean. Not meant for production, just for sampling. It's done well for me, but I no longer can do that stuff. I like to grind all my black sands that are left over after panning to remove the manganese or other coatings and to get the most gold I can from them. Just gotta be patient and enjoy running several stages to get good results.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.