Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ROBERT MARTINEZ
Panner
Panner

--
13 Jun 2020 11:02 AM
    I recently purchased a Whites GMT. It came with the 6"x9" Double D coil and a 8"x14" Sierra Gold Max coil. I took it out to the gpaa claims in the Morristown area. Towards the end of my testing and it was getting hot. I put the big coil on. I got up on this hill overlooking a wash and started detecting. I got this positive zip zip sound. I scraped the loose gravel with my boot and still got a good signal. I scraped down another 2-2 1/2" and found a .04 gram flake of lead. I wish now I had started with that coil. Just thought I would share that. I was set at 2.5 gain and around 2 on s.a.t. the ground was balanced around 60 if I remember right. The other coil balanced around 70-71. I had the double D coil set around 3-4 gain and 2 1/2-3 s.a.t. Later when I learn this detector I'll increase the gain.
    ROBERT MARTINEZ
    Panner
    Panner

--
    05 Jul 2020 04:36 PM
    So today I went out to Kings claim North of Morristown and tried out the 8" x 14" coil on my GMT. I can't believe how tiny the targets it can detect. I spent 7 hours detecting and found many junk targets. And in that 7 hours I didn't wander very far. It takes awhile to detect a section of ground. Lots of birdshot bits of wire mesh etc. As I was leaving I realized I didn't test the depth of the coil. Most of the targets I found were surface finds and a few around 3" deep. So I stopped on the south end of kings and buried a .7 gram piece of old lead about 3 plus inches down. I set the detector with a low threshold in my headphones and no sensitivity or sat. I could detect the target easily. I then dug up the target and buried it 6.5 inches down and passed the coil over the target again with no sensitivity. It was on the edge of detection. I turned the sat to 3 and the sensitivity to 5. It blasted loud in the headphones. I could have buried it lower but I felt comfortable that I wasn't missing targets when I had been detecting earlier. I just realized I never used the audio boost. I was really surprised that I could detect the target with no sensitivity. Hope this helps someone out there. Good luck detecting. ☺
    You are not authorized to post a reply.