PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 11 Jul 2019 11:05 PM by  Adam Broach
AUPROSPECTORS MEETING NOTICE
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Adam Broach
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Posts:12



--
10 Jul 2019 02:54 AM
    The AUPROSPECTORS has a meeting scheduled for 8 AM CST at the AUPROSPECTORS Lease. We are keeping a close watch on potential Tropical Storm/Hurricane Barry. As of the 2 AM EST National Hurricane Center update, the NHC has the area of low pressure just off the coast of the Gulf of Mexico in the Florida Big Bend at 90% chance of developing into a tropical cyclone and is Invest 92L. In the last few model runs, models show a wobble back to the east showing a potential landfall of a strong TS or a Cat. 1 hurricane late Friday early Saturday on the Louisiana Coast, heavy rain and thunderstorms can extend out several hundred miles, especially on the east side of a tropical system, there are talks of Tropical Storm Warnings and Hurricane Watches from Florida to the Texas Coast.

    By Thursday a determination will be made on if this meeting and outing will continue as planned at the AUPROSPECTORS Lease, plans are being made to hold the meeting, potluck cookout and raffle at either the Notasulga Municipal Baseball Complex Pavilion or at the Notasulga Fire Department. If the event is moved to either place or if we can SAFELY have at least a half-day at the AUPROSPECTORS lease I or another member will post those details here and at www.facebook.com/AuburnGPAA

    If heavy rain is forecast for East Alabama, the section of creek on the AUPROSPECTORS is prone to high water and flooding lower-lying areas, we do not want the potential for anyone to be hurt, equipment lost due to rising/swift water, so contingency plans are being made.
    Adam Broach
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn
    Posts:12



    --
    11 Jul 2019 11:05 PM
    After taking a look at this afternoon's forecast for this weekend and with a tropical storm/potential hurricane coming into the Gulf Coast late Friday night early Saturday morning and with the forecast of 2-4" of rain on Saturday, and the latest model guidance suggesting TS Barry making landfall further to the east than previously thought, heavy rainbands extending out several hundred miles, especially on the east, wetter side of the storm, the President, VP, and Senior Board Member on a conference call with other members, it was agreed for the safety of everyone in an already rain saturated area and the fact the creek can rapidly rise under heavy extended, periods of rain not to risk someone getting hurt or a piece of equipment being swept away the club would re-schedule for the following Saturday, July 20th at 8am at the Adkisson-AUPROSPECTORS Lease.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.