You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Terrance Cieszki
Panner
Panner

--
23 Mar 2017 06:41 PM
Here is a crusher I've made that works well. Go to a rural hardware store and by a "fence post hammer". It is an iron tube that slips over iron fence posts. Also pick up one of those iron poles that have a wedge shaped on one end and what looks like a nail-head on the other. Take them to a welder. Have one of the handles cut off of the hammer. Put the nail-head into the hammer and have him cut it, leaving enough of the bar sticking out so he can weld on a "T" handle. Make sure the handle is high enough up from the hammer so you don't whack your hands on the hammer when using it! Last, have him weld on a bottom plate large enough to put at least one foot on it, both is better. Make sure the single handle still on the hammer is facing PERPENDICULAR to the plate so it does not interfere with your knees, which will be close when operating the crusher.  You now have a rock crusher that can be passed onto the kids.... if it doesn't walk off! Added bonus... you also have a wedge bar left over for breaking into crevices. You can crush rocks now into powder. Do not use water as the flour you want will stick inside.  TTC
Dustin Openshaw
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
25 Mar 2017 07:55 PM

Me and my brother hiked 2 miles up some steep mountains in central utah and found a bunch of rocks that we wanted to smash and check out, after awhile we sat and ate some food and my bro picked up a small quartz rock probably half a lemon size while we were sitting there and when we got home we smashed them all seperatly and no doubt there was a good size picker in that quartz rock..

Terrance Cieszki
Panner
Panner

--
26 Mar 2017 02:02 PM

Posted By JOHN DORVAL on 04 Dec 2016 11:27 AM

If I find any rock with heavy mineralization, metal of any kind, iron whatever I will bring home the rock and crush it. It could be quartz, conglomerate or what ever I will crush it. Check this video out as to how I do it. :

John, I have been posting  videos on Treasurenet.com for years. How can I do it here?  TTC

JOHN DORVAL
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
26 Mar 2017 05:52 PM

Terrance, you just need to embed it to post a vid here.

Terrance Cieszki
Panner
Panner

--
27 Mar 2017 08:45 AM

Trying again... TTC 

Nope. Help walk me through it please!  TTC

michael neely
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
30 Mar 2017 06:21 PM
Ask Jeff Williams on YouTube. He crushes quarts . there are a Couple of videos on the process. I am going to give it a go my self.
Terrance Cieszki
Panner
Panner

--
31 Mar 2017 02:32 PM

Here is my crusher on Youtube. I cannot figure out how to get the video imbedded here. Can someone tell me how? Here is the URL.  TTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTnSzoa1EmE&t=85s

Terrance Cieszki
Panner
Panner

--
31 Mar 2017 02:34 PM
Dennis Blair
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
04 Sep 2021 03:07 PM
I have just joined, but am have a geologis friend I have been gathering differant shades of quartz from several mines and am now qurious about which I might crush to seeif there is gold in any of them. I have a yard full. Any suggestions?
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12