Bubble level
Last Post 23 Apr 2016 11:21 AM by TIM LEIBEL. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
18 Sep 2015 04:46 PM
    Anyone else done this?  I haven't seen any others.  Makes the initial setup really quick and easy.  With this sluice and the bubble centered, it shows that I have a 3 inch drop for the 36 inch sluice, then I can adjust from there.

Buzzard
    Buzzard

--
    19 Sep 2015 05:46 AM
    Haven;t see that particular one, but have the little shorty ones on 2 out of 3 sluices, and have seen a couple of other folks with them as well.  Known tip, but not everyone has seen it or thought of it, thanks for posting up a pic and putting it out there for others.  Gives a fast setup when settig up.
    OHV/Recreation Representative, John Day/Snake Resource Advisory Council, BLM--- President, Wolfpack 4x4's, Region 5, Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association--- Member- Mid Valley Prospectors, Brownsville, OR chapter GPAA, Willamette Valley Miners, Bohemia Mine Owners Association
    Lost Dutchman
    Lost Dutchman

--
    19 Sep 2015 02:47 PM
    After the first year of going out and doing it, like many other things we do daily, you wont even look at it.

Many factors figure into setting a box,
    Water flow, angle of box all change depending on these factors.

You will get a 'feel' for set up over time.
    Run a couple buckets of over burden, watch the riffles and the material behind them, that will determine any adjustments.

Its interesting to me what a small 1/4" adjustment will do for the box.
    And its hard to find that perfect rock to slide under the box.

Bill
    So much river....So little time....Get out there
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    23 Apr 2016 11:13 AM
    Great Iidea
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

--
    23 Apr 2016 11:21 AM
    I might try this on my multi sluice with 2 of them, 1 for 11 degrees and the othe for 13 degrees. But for the A52 I use a tried and true for me. Drop a 1 inch rock in at top, if tow ash down and out,then put a 3 inches and see if it sticks. Water flow good , feed it. I am most certainly losing gold, but if I can do double the buckets at 85% recovery, then it is more gold than half at 95%.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.