You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
TAD VAN ALLEN
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
02 May 2019 08:41 PM
Hi Daniel.... i dont live in Sactown.. im in SoCal.. but if im going prospecting up there in NorCal. (I go up 3 to 4 times a year).. so, ill let you know, maybe meet up and do some searching.......

And @ William.....

Bill, sooo true! Cali is getting more brutal!. Errrrr .. But at least you guys up North, have actual rivers mostly year round! If California does ever become North California (or State of Jefferson) ha and South California.. we are F---ed down here.. i really like that... if you live in Blythe,ca, and you drive 5-10 minutes and cross into Arizona.. you'll buy gas for $1.40 cheaper per gallon.... gotta love Cali.. haha
Robert Edwards
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
29 May 2019 07:00 PM
I got a week off before summer classes start, im going to head to some claims... 3days maybe 3 claims. not sure yet.
looking at todd creek, although its not a gpaa claim. maybe delta 1 and I might check nancys gold. but nothing is final.

let me know asap if anyone has the time any day to come out.
tue, wed, or thur. June 4, 5 or 6.

we can plan being on a site on a specific day, or whatever. let me know!

-Robert E.

probably sluicing and crevicing. but ill bring my cheap detector too.
William Hall
Buzzard
Buzzard

--
30 May 2019 07:35 PM
Robert,

Be very careful out on the rivers this time of year
Very high, fast and cold
delta1 might be a good choice, later on mot so much

Bill
So Much River So Little Time...Get Out There
Robert Edwards
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
31 May 2019 11:06 PM
I went and checked out delta1 it looks promising. but do you, or anyone know how to get more precise locations on the claim, it says 160 acres but on mylandmatters.org (the only place i know where to find claim locations) it just says 2 claims in this area.

thanks!
TAD VAN ALLEN
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
01 Jun 2019 11:56 AM
Robert.
In the mining guide book, it shows ingress, center, and the 4 corner GPS cordinates..

There is 2 claims in that Section 22 ( in PLSS map on land matters)
Delta1 gpaa
DJAAR2 neighboring claim...

Its kind of irritating when the online guide doesnt just have the same as the manual guide book...
Jim Hobbs
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
20 Jun 2019 03:32 AM
Hey CHRISTOPHER {& ya'll}:
Nice start-up post here.
I live in Folsom area. Perhaps soon will be doing some week-long / camping prospecting (& mining?) expeditions. Maybe look some of ya'll up near such a time. Maybe even meet some of you @ a meeting event or something. Gonna keep your numbers -OK?
For now, busy going @ it solo & not here on-line very much.
Good hunt'n!
Shawn Melton
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
31 Jul 2019 01:42 PM
Hi All,

New to the organization as well. For my second trip to a GPAA claim am planning on visiting Bucky's Knowhere this Saturday (Aug 3). Would be great to meet up if others are interested. Plan to dig in the morning since will be in the 90s that day.

-Shawn
David Vanderpool
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
01 Oct 2019 08:20 AM
"Natoma area"... I'm assuming you are referring to Natoma Lake/Nimbus Dam south of Fair Oaks/Orangevale? I grew up and started my panning as a young teenager on the American River just downstream from Natoma, at Sailor Bar. Piles and piles of dredging rocks. It was 1/2 mile from my house, at the end of Illinois Ave. in Fair Oaks. A few colors there hooked me with the prospecting bug, and I later had good luck on the North Fork of the American in the Auburn/Foresthill area. I left Cali in 1972, and have never been back. Seems I got out just in time...
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12