Found a cool way to make your own bucket classifiers.
Maybe everyone already knows this but I thought I'd share since I'm geeked up on saving the money.
I googled how to do this and results came up on how to cut a bucket about 6 inches down, then cut the original bucket again about 4" down. Lay the screen of choice over the 2nd cut piece then wedge the two together. YEAH RIGHT! I spent and hr trying to do this, cutting myself on the trimmed mesh, NO WAY it was happening. At that point I was super frustrated and threw the $20+ materials that I bought in the trash thinking of going in the house and ordering up a Garrett or Jobe classifier ea for 30 +- bucks with shipping. Then I saw a post on this forum so I had to re-share.
Basically you cut a bucket about 6 inches down, flip over the top part, lay your screen on top of the cut piece. With pliers in one hand and a camping propane bottle with torch tip (set on medium to low) you gingerly heat up the joining point of the two at the plastic while tugging on the mesh until you can pull the metal into the plastic like a cheese grater. DONT over heat/melt the plastic. Just soften it up enough to pull the material in. Pull it about 1/4" in and then hold it til it hardens. Repeat full circle.
Now your left with a fused bucket/metal mesh thing that could be a ninja star in the wrong hands. Trim it down as close as possible with flush cut dikes. Now comes the finesse part. I used some 2 part epoxy and a nitrile glove and applied the epoxy around the base of where the metal poked out and let dry. Then sand down as much as it takes to make it flush. Then I sanded down the inner part of the bucket just enough so the screen piece can pop in/out w/o to much resistance . DONE. Cost about 20.00 initially and I made 3 buckets like this. What would cost 90.00 retail. Cool thing about this is that you can keep your bucket full of water and the area where you shovel your dirt into is much deeper. Slides right into a 5 gal bucket.