Keeping Oregon as a dredging state
Last Post 06 Jun 2017 04:10 PM by ARTHUR WAUGH. 22 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Lost Dutchman
Lost Dutchman

--
03 Jun 2017 01:58 PM
Well Arthur Still spending on the law suit for OR.Been supporting all law suits.
Member LDMA and several other clubs in CA.
Buzzard
Buzzard

--
05 Jun 2017 07:26 AM
You are right of course. There are two suits in progress yet. The 838 dredging moritorium suit is sitting in the 9th circuit, and there is another on DEQ's 700PM wastewater discharge permit (that is what is required for dredging) That one has been ongoing for years as each year they issue a new permit and tell the court the suit is moot because of the "new" permit. That one is in state supreme court, IIRC.

I had made up stickers for a fund raiser for the 838 suit as well as PLP, so yes support of court actions are still needed and ongoing and will get worse.
OHV/Recreation Representative, John Day/Snake Resource Advisory Council, BLM--- President, Wolfpack 4x4's, Region 5, Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association--- Member- Mid Valley Prospectors, Brownsville, OR chapter GPAA, Willamette Valley Miners, Bohemia Mine Owners Association
Buzzard
Buzzard

--
06 Jun 2017 04:10 PM

I just heard back from my state representative......The bill passed as is, so DEQ will be able to charge a $250 application fee (every 5 years as I understand it), and a $250 a year fee for the 700PM dredge (wastewater discharge) permit.  Will be up to them where they set the fee, but I would look for the maximum right now. 

Still have the waters where dredging was legal in 2016/2017.

That means I am out of the dredge business next year.  Not worthwhile to me for that kind of money.  And I just got it together last year.

OHV/Recreation Representative, John Day/Snake Resource Advisory Council, BLM--- President, Wolfpack 4x4's, Region 5, Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association--- Member- Mid Valley Prospectors, Brownsville, OR chapter GPAA, Willamette Valley Miners, Bohemia Mine Owners Association
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12