Prospecting Lake Michigan
Last Post 02 Jul 2018 06:09 AM by Mary McCarty. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
14 Jun 2018 11:01 AM

I need help...…  I am looking to go to Lake Michigan to prospect the beaches.  Can anyone tell me where I can go do this???  I need all the help I can get.... Thanks

Jimmie Smith
    Miner
    Miner

--
    28 Jun 2018 08:29 AM

Lol. I'm moving to Sheboygan for work in a couple of weeks. Also is on the shores of Lake Michigan and plan to do some prospecting.

If you are in the area and wish to team up, let me know and maybe we can make arrangements.

In the meantime, do some searches on great lakes placer gold deposits and lake prospecting.

Also search black sand beach mining.

Cheers!

Mary (who will also be new to beach prospecting)

Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    28 Jun 2018 11:01 AM

Thanks Mary, and would love to meet there.  It will be new to all, I have never prospected a beach before but sure want to try after all I have heard and seen.  Maybe we can work out something if my wife is willing to go. lol.

Jimmie Smith
    Miner
    Miner

--
    02 Jul 2018 06:09 AM
    Sounds good. 🙂
    I'll let you guys know when I make it up there. I don't own much camping equipment right now, it's with my family at home in Texas.
    I travel for Health Care work nation wide.
    I'm a decent camp cook tho' with a simple cast iron skillet over a pit fire...
    My agency will likely place me in another Hotel when I get up there. One more week here in southeast Nebraska.

Cheers!
    Mary
    You are not authorized to post a reply.