GPAA Claims near Happy Camp CA
Last Post 03 May 2017 08:08 AM by WALTER EASON. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
01 May 2017 09:34 AM

Has anyone done any sluicing or panning in the Happy camp area GPAA claims. Live in Oregon but would like to plan a trip down there is it is worth it. Thanks in advance.

Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    01 May 2017 09:46 AM
    Hello Jack I am interested in the same area. I live in Red Bluff CA. We are planning a trip to the east coast but if we are still here when you come to CA maybe we can get together. I have a sluice and panning equipment and a couple of metal detectors. My wife and I are always ready for an adventure...
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    01 May 2017 10:10 AM
    Thanks for the reply David. mostly dredging up here in Oregon but also find mostly small flakes. Would really like to find a place with the possibility of a small nugget or two. I have sluices, 2 dredges High banker and soon a Gold Cube Trummel.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    01 May 2017 11:53 AM
    I have always wanted to do some dredging. Not happening in CA though. Where in Oregon are you located? I lived in Medford for awhile and did a little bit of sluicing around the Applegate area. That was before the dam...
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    01 May 2017 11:54 AM
    I am also looking to buy a gold cube.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    01 May 2017 01:42 PM
    I am in Cottage Grove and dredge in the Bohemia area and down in Roseburg area.
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

--
    01 May 2017 04:30 PM
    Jack, just a thought.....might look into BMOA if not a member there.  Based in C.G.  No scheduled meeting until Sept., but can contact through their web page.
    OHV/Recreation Representative, John Day/Snake Resource Advisory Council, BLM--- President, Wolfpack 4x4's, Region 5, Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association--- Member- Mid Valley Prospectors, Brownsville, OR chapter GPAA, Willamette Valley Miners, Bohemia Mine Owners Association
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    02 May 2017 09:46 AM
    Thanks Arthur, I am a member of BMOA but have not had any luck on any of their claims I have tried.
    Lost Dutchman
    Lost Dutchman

--
    02 May 2017 02:01 PM
    Might contact Dave at new 49 ers and talk to him .
    This is their web site as they are out of Happycamp.They can give you some insight on claims.http://bb.bbboy.net/thenew49ers

Member LDMA and several other clubs in CA.
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

--
    03 May 2017 08:08 AM
    This is just a suggestion, a person can find some gold almost everywhere in California and this is true of most states. If a person is not finding any gold then they need to brush up on how to find fine gold and varied techniques for finding fine gold. If you are finding fine gold but deem that there is not enough that is very valid points to move from one place to another or look for better digs. Some of the age old ways to find gold to look at are: best spot to look for gold,  best method for spot you are in, best method to use, classification extreme for under 30 mesh, best method for meshes as fine size changes.

I have been a few places where I was skunked did a lot of research and in each case found a reason, none of which was that it was not there except if you happen to get into a reclaimed pit mine area. To be fair I have found areas as I am sure most have that I deemed the location did not have enough gold for me to continue going to.
    If you notice an error in the Online Mining Guide or with claim information please add in the updated information into the online mining guide to inform other members. Thank You Walter H. Eason
    You are not authorized to post a reply.