Arizona desert prospecting
 2 Replies
Author Messages
Stan Calavan
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
28 Feb 2022 11:18 PM
    Anyone have any tips or tricks to find a little gold in the desert. I have been working the claims in the little San Diego area and haven’t found a thing. Was hoping to purchase a dry washer at some point but until I can find a little color I think I will hold off on that. Been working the smaller washes, sides of the washes, and in between the washes. I guess I don’t know we’re to look.

Thanks for any tips
    Stan
    STANLEY SHIELDS

--
    10 Mar 2022 06:00 PM
    Try going out on club outings. You can learn a lot from helping dig in the right areas. Otherwise its sample , sample , sample , till you hit the gold!
    John Watkins
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    20 May 2022 05:35 PM
    I've had best luck in the banks of the washes and up on the flat benches where there are often small feeder run-off areas. I generally always find fine gold in King#1, Yahoo#2, and Dumb Luck. Dig a half bucket, classify to 1/4 or 1/8" and pan (with water) on site as a test to be sure there's gold there before spending alot of time digging. If that sample doesn't show a few colors, move on to another area. Don't get discouraged, we all usually get skunked alot just starting out. Goioid luck. Enjoy and have fun!

---