Finish pan preferences?
 5 Replies
Author Messages
Michael Zapp
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
10 Apr 2017 07:15 PM
    I know practice makes perfect when it comes to panning.
    I am curious what pans you all prefer for finish panning (removing all black sands).

Eventually I would like to get a spiral wheel to help but am looking for something to put in the backpack.

Let me know what you think
    Matt Johnson
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    11 Apr 2017 05:37 AM
    I really like the smallest Garrett Gravity Trap pan for a finishing pan.
    Brad Lamb
    Lost Dutchman
    Lost Dutchman

--
    11 Apr 2017 07:21 AM
    I have been using a Martin 10" and 16" pan for final clean up....remembering to use the magnet to remove as much heavy iron as possible.

The Martin Pans have a deep groove around the entire pan that stops at the micro riffles, to allow finish panning...careful finish panning, lol.

Take care!
    Thomas Wentling
    Sluicer
    Sluicer

--
    10 Feb 2018 07:25 AM
    What is the difference between a finish pan and a regular pan? I have been using my regular pan and just been careful how I work it. Thanks
    SHANE HIBBBERTS
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    04 Mar 2018 06:13 PM
    ive got a little 10 inch black pan i aquired from somewhere. thats my go to finish pan most of the time i feel like it helps the gold to stnad out more.
    ARTHUR WAUGH

--
    26 Mar 2018 03:42 PM
    I have been using a small (around 6 inch) green pan for finish work.  Has a nice little ledge at the bottom.  Watched a couple of demos on the Claw at the show in Vancouver this past w/e and got the standard and the pocket versions to see if they will work better for me, since my style is more inline with their design.

---