Go to previous topic
Go to next topic
Last Post 12 Oct 2020 09:35 PM by  Shawn Melton
Placer claim required
 2 Replies
Author Messages
wolfgang junge

04 Sep 2020 01:57 PM
    I need the follow informations; can i make a prospection/panning for gold on a closed placer/lodge claim? and if the result are ok,how can i get the mineral rights in this claim? need i buy this property? i hope to get a clear answer,many thanks in advance.
    William Hall

    04 Sep 2020 06:44 PM
    No one can answer with the info provided

    State, county, area
    you would do better talking to an mining attorney

    Shawn Melton
    New Member
    New Member

    12 Oct 2020 09:35 PM
    Hi Wolfgang,

    I looked into closed claims as a possible way to get my own claim. Sometimes claims are closed for a reason and are not available, i.e. withdrawn. The claim may have lapsed for a variety of reasons including lack of gold. In theory it may be possible to do this. My suggestion would be to email or call the BLM office that covers this area. Have all the relevant information available former claim #, Section, Township and Range. I have found the BLM responsive when I have questions.
    There are also consultants that can help you navigate the process that will be much cheaper than a lawyer.

    Having your claim is awesome.

    Good luck.