Alberquerque area gpaa members/ gold spots
Last Post 11 Sep 2017 10:45 PM by Jamin Neet. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
25 Aug 2017 04:21 PM

Hey guys what is going on? Im Anthony im new to the GPAA but not new to gold prospecting, anyways i'm wondering where exactly in the Sante Fe arroyos is the gold, like all the arroyos? I was also wondering about the placetas area by Sandia mountain. Im going to leave my number here for any near by prospectors who would like to go gold huntin with me. (505) 582-3772. thanks happy diggin!

Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    11 Sep 2017 10:45 PM
    Hey hey! Good to have you around. I live in Los Lunas. According to the old USGS survey and information, Placitas does have gold in the gravels. I've wanted to try those hills for a long time, but you'd have to know where you could actually access the land legally or get written permission. Trespassing (especially on reservations) is a big no-no. Not too sure about Santa Fe, I did pan some in the Pecos river back up near the wilderness area there but saw no color. To the northwest of Santa Fe I think are a couple of old mining ghost towns that I think were very rich, one of them polluted a stream/river pretty badly and basically initiated the environmental lockdown that we have today. Best area near Albuquerque is around Golden, in the San Pedro and Ortiz mountains on the other side of the Sandias. Very heavily claimed, but historically very rich and still produces well. Best bet over there is to know a landowner or claim owner. The local club, NMGPA, has three claims in that area with varying difficulty of access (easy 2WD, hard 2WD, and 4WD only). There is good gold in the state, but those are the only areas nearby that I know of.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.