Does anyone have any recent info on placer creek claim in New Mexico and is dredging allowed there?
Last Post 03 Aug 2017 12:16 PM by DAVID HAY. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
01 Jul 2017 03:17 PM
    Heard there was forest fires up that way and wandering if it's open or not?
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

--
    03 Jul 2017 10:00 AM

Tres Piedras Ranger District
    P.O. Box 38
    Tres Piedras, NM 87577
    Phone: (575) 758-8678
    If you notice an error in the Online Mining Guide or with claim information please add in the updated information into the online mining guide to inform other members. Thank You Walter H. Eason
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    04 Jul 2017 12:59 PM
    Been thinking about that claim too. I'm pretty sure you got to have a state permit $50 each depending on which one you need i.e. Wet or dry or both. Total bs in my opinion. Please post what you find out.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    04 Jul 2017 01:02 PM
    Also I got a email from fish & game last week that lake hopwell was closed because they were using it to re-fill firefighting aircraft.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    04 Jul 2017 02:02 PM
    I too have been checking on the permits for placer creek.  I read some regulations twice and it appears to me that unless you plan to move a lot of material you won't have to have a permit.  Just my interpretation.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    04 Jul 2017 02:46 PM
    Guess one of us needs to call the office in Walters post. Reading regs for nm is the definition of confusion. Me I'm thinking about it as a place to escape the heat!!! I'm in Deming & it's been one hot sob.
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

--
    05 Jul 2017 09:25 AM
    Yes you have to have a NM state permit unless you are exempt, be sure to check the documents online at the NM web site for the exemptions.
    If you notice an error in the Online Mining Guide or with claim information please add in the updated information into the online mining guide to inform other members. Thank You Walter H. Eason
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    03 Aug 2017 07:23 AM
    Did anyone make it to Placer Creek Claim?
    A buddy and I are hoping to make an exploratory excursion out there yet this year.
    He only plans to use a pan and a small 4" sluice. Whereas I hope to use a small homemade solar powered trommel with a 6" sluice.
    Because it's so late in the season for there, and we're a couple of old guys and having to pack everything down to the creek (our 2wheel drive won't make it up and down the wet clay road) we don't think we'll have the energy to process more than 2 cubic yards each.
    Just hope to prove it out for a longer trip with more equipment for next year. We'll get the permits for more yardage and gas powered equipment then.
    We don't have a dredge yet, but are they allowed?

Thanks
    Push, Pull or get Out of the Way
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

--
    03 Aug 2017 08:23 AM
    Placer creek closes on September 1st, I know it was not put in book last time and I am not sure why.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    03 Aug 2017 12:08 PM
    I just talked with the supervisor at the ranger station.
    The claim closes on August 31st. Not Sept. 1st.
    I was referred to someone else for additional requirements and limitations.
    I was only able to leave a voicemail.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    03 Aug 2017 12:16 PM
    Also Hopewell Lake is now open.
    Although it has rained a lot in the area, it has not rained for two and a half days.
    I think still too muddy for a regular vehicle.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.