HOMACK #1-3 Idaho Springs CO Claim
Last Post 03 Aug 2017 08:26 AM by TRACY SOUTHWORTH. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
17 Jun 2017 06:31 PM

Can anyone tell me some information about Homack Claim? i went to the claim today and there was a no trespassing sign on this gate i have the gpaa permit cards wasn't sure if i was able to be on there?? 

Thanks

ryan

Lost Dutchman
    Lost Dutchman

--
    18 Jun 2017 11:43 AM
    That part of the State is have a huge problem with people putting up signs illegally, call the police and have them verify it. On the Western Slope the forestry Department is allowing the Sierra Club to come in and drop trees across trails so access is next to impossible. Yes I filed a law suit, and yes it was pitched by some ignorant human in D.C., now I have to get a lawyer.
    Lost Dutchman
    Lost Dutchman

--
    19 Jun 2017 09:34 AM
    Follow down the road, the area through the gate was reclaimed from ranch that was leased out, The whole area had been a Girl Scout camp that dated to s40's or 50's, the area behind the gate is mixed with lots of farm animal waist. Gold was always found in the stream area which is access by following the road. Large pull off area just past claim. Do not dig under trees and keep holes filled. Have had numerous complaints and the area is being monitored by local chapter.
    If you notice an error in the Online Mining Guide or with claim information please add in the updated information into the online mining guide to inform other members. Thank You Walter H. Eason
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    26 Jun 2017 11:42 AM
    I was at Homack on June 26, 2017. There is parking at the Barbour Forks trial head just past the claim on the right. Soda creek runs next to the road of the same. There is what I consider a dry creek flowing down through the claim where the GS camp was. I have visited the site one other time just after joining GPAA. The visit was during the work week. The area seemed to be deserted. I noted the runoff from the dry creek during this visit. Plus the large amount of spent brass and shot gun shells.

The claim in the area of the GS camp seems to be an area favored by recreational shooters. This was the case Sunday. I did not bother to go up the trail to the camp area because of the gun fire. I elected to grab a 1/4 bucket out of Soda Creek. I the took a walk up the Jeep trail away from the shooting on the area of the claim.
    One note -- I took the amount of spent brass to mean I need to wear my fluorescent vest and make some noise when hiking the area. It is a good practice any time your in the woods.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    26 Jun 2017 05:54 PM
    Correction. I was there on the 25th
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    23 Jul 2017 05:06 PM
    Hope to go in mid-October...would be glad to have somebody come out with me. Was there in summer of 2012.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    03 Aug 2017 08:26 AM
    Looking to try this spot mid-August. Would like to meet fellow members, I am from NJ and haven't tried prospecting yet.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.