Land rights?
Last Post 02 Mar 2017 11:08 AM by WALTER EASON. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
01 Mar 2017 08:48 AM
    Sorry if this is not the right area for this topic but if I own land can someone else stake a claim on it or is it considered private since I own the land?
    Lost Dutchman
    Lost Dutchman

--
    01 Mar 2017 06:27 PM
    No they can not stake a claim on private property.Only on federal land can they stake a claim.The only thing most don't under stand is do you own the mineral rights as most don't.
    Member LDMA and several other clubs in CA.
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

--
    02 Mar 2017 07:42 AM

If you own the mineral rights, no, can't file a claim.  If someone else holds the mineral rights, they can make use of them.  If the feds have retained mineral rights (it is possible, and happens), then claims can be filed.  Has happened, lode claim was filed on private property because feds had the mineral rights.  But those situations are not common.

Check your deed.

OHV/Recreation Representative, John Day/Snake Resource Advisory Council, BLM--- President, Wolfpack 4x4's, Region 5, Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association--- Member- Mid Valley Prospectors, Brownsville, OR chapter GPAA, Willamette Valley Miners, Bohemia Mine Owners Association
    Buzzard
    Buzzard

--
    02 Mar 2017 11:08 AM
    Here is a location which explains about split estates with regards to mineral rights reserved by Federal Government, this is more wide spread than one would think.

https://www.blm.gov/programs/energy-and-minerals/mining-and-minerals/split-estate

https://www.blm.gov/programs/energy-and-minerals/mining-and-minerals/split-estate 

If you notice an error in the Online Mining Guide or with claim information please add in the updated information into the online mining guide to inform other members. Thank You Walter H. Eason
    You are not authorized to post a reply.