Gold Cube Recirculator
Last Post 10 Apr 2017 03:24 PM by Larry Sugden. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
22 Jan 2016 04:48 PM
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    22 Jan 2016 04:50 PM
    This is the start of my Winter project. !200 gph pump recirculating water. Everything fits inside for easy transportation to the field/stream
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    03 Feb 2016 08:13 PM

What a great idea!

Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    04 Feb 2016 03:48 AM

Had to come up with some kind of recirculator for the Gold Cube since Michigan is so strict with their water usage.  This way, I can wheel everything out to where I'm going really easy.  Haven't done a full scale test on it since we still have snow on the ground, but I think it will work with moderation.  I don't think it will handle a full shovel of dirt, but if I classify down to 1/2", it should plow through it all day.  I also plan on having a small bucket in the wheel borrow to catch the tailings so it doesn't clog the pump.

Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    16 Mar 2016 10:43 PM
    Very cool!
    Sluicer
    Sluicer

--
    29 Mar 2017 06:03 PM
    Randy,
    Just saw your post on the Gold Cube recirculator again as I was reviewing postings. Very cool. Plus you have a great way to get rid of the tailings when running at home in the winter. Mine is set up with an aluminum guide to direct the tailings into a 5 gallon bucket, since the Cube discharge is too wide for a regular 5 gallon bucket.

I would like to figure a way to let the tailings settle some before going back through the pump.

Great job!
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    10 Apr 2017 03:24 PM
    I'm an apartment dweller, so I don't have space for a recirculator. So I use my bath tub! I am single and live alone so it works for me. (WARNING: May not be compatible with some spouses/roommates.) By using two tubs, one catches tailings, while the larger works like a sediment pond. Only very light dusty silt gets into the tub, making it easy to rinse the tub when done. By putting the pump at the high end of the bath tub, the silt mostly stays out of the pump. Since the Gold Cube is designed as a concentrator, not a sluice, I use it to clean cons below 8-mesh. Helps me stay busy during winter months, or for cleaning samples taken from dry areas while backpacking.

You are not authorized to post a reply.